“Like the revolutions that preceded it, the Fourth Industrial Revolution has the potential to raise global income levels and improve the quality of life for populations around the world. To date, those who have gained the most from it have been consumers able to afford and access the digital world; technology has made possible new products and services that increase the efficiency and pleasure of our personal lives. Ordering a cab, booking a flight, buying a product, making a payment, listening to music, watching a film, or playing a game—any of these can now be done remotely.” – WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
Optimistic or Deceptive
Well, lets look at some statements from Klaus Schwab himself.
“What the Fourth Industrial Revolution will lead to is a fusion of our physical, our digital, and our biological identities” — Klaus Schwab, 2019
As the metaverse grows with use and innovation, the lines between what we know as our physical world will begin to blur into a expansive and interconnected eco-system.
- Wearable Tech
- Neural Implants
- Consumables AKA (IoB)
A report published in 2021 by the Rand Corporation, which is a research corporation that’s mission is: “To help improve policy and decision making through research and analysis” reports the following:
The three technology categories considered in this report have the potential to be used to enhance human performance, but at different points in time
– A much-hyped area is gene manipulation, which is the most nascent—research focuses on the potential to alleviate disease, and decades of research will be required before meaningful application to HPE should be expected. That said, some forms of genetic analysis can be helpful in understanding capabilities of people as they are today.
– AI also has long been associated with hype, and although related technologies are steadily improving, meaningful impacts on cognitive and other prostheses are expected to take five to ten years. These new prostheses will provide new channels of communication, along with associated vulnerabilities.
– The IoB is already having an effect today; it will become more complex and capable over time. It is becoming both a source of signals and a target for cyberattacks. – RAND CORP
- First, the speed of data acquisition and processing would allow for real-time feedback, such as transcranial stimulation, to improve real-time human response and decision making
- Second, AI can be used to individualize treatment that is generally believed to affect performance positively, analogous to precision (personalized) medicine; personalization could be used with any performance enhancement modality
"Libertas aut Mors"
We’re at possibly the most pivotal time of human history and quite literally for the extent of mankind.
Benjamin Franklin once said:
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
This isn’t about political parties or the ideologies attached to them. As we see, they’re used to divide and distract the masses.
Ask Yourself HardQuestions
Who are the players who stand to benefit from these changes?
What will be lost or gained?
What can you do about protecting your individual liberties?